Jan Presfeldt provides advice to Danish and foreign companies within commercial and company law and contract law and also works with complex tort law and insurance law, including in particular professional and product liability, consultant liability, contractor liability, supplier liability, professional liability and management and board liability.
Jan Presfeldt is an experienced litigator and has conducted a significant number of cases before the Supreme Court and the High Courts as well as in arbitration.
In addition, Jan Presfeldt is chairman of the board of directors of Wewers A/S and Wewers Betonproduktion Mårum A/S and board member of Sven Wewers Fond, Dagasco ApS and Ejendomsselskabet af 20. december 1965 ApS.
Jan Presfeldt was born in 1966 and graduated in law from the University of Copenhagen in 1994. Jan Presfeldt holds a Master of International Commercial Law (MCL) from the University of California, USA.
Bar admission and training
- 2003 - Appeared before the Supreme Court
- 1998 - Right to appear before the High Court
- 1997 - Lawyer
- 2006 - 2009 - Appointed as external assistant to the State Prosecutor in Copenhagen in cases of economic crime
- 2000 - 2009 - External lecturer in company law at the University of Copenhagen
- 1998 - 2000 - Lecturer in the law of obligations at the University of Copenhagen
- 1996 - 1998 - Lecturer in property law at the University of Copenhagen
- The Supreme Court Bar Association
- Danish Association for Company Law
- Association for Compensation and Insurance Law
Contributor to the Danish part of Sweet & Maxwell's Guide to European Company Laws (2008)
Leases are normally covered by the Commercial Tenancy Act, Commercial Property (2004)
Statutory compulsory redemption of shareholders, Ugeskrift for Retsvæsen (2003 B.239)
Binding advance rulings, tax retention and reassessment, The Taxpayer (2002)
Profit taxation of private companies, The Shareholder (2000)
Price signage, Center Focus (2000)
Claimant must cover sickness benefit, Danske Kommuner (1999)