Michael Kjær Lauritsen is primarily engaged in contract law, insurance law, tort law, construction law and litigation and arbitration.
Michael advises and assists both Danish and foreign companies and insurance companies in compensation and insurance cases and disputes as well as arbitration cases before the Danish Court of Arbitration and the Danish Building and Construction Arbitration Board. Michael advises on most types of tort and contractual liability cases, including professional liability, management liability and product liability. In addition, Michael has experience with cyber insurance, including questions about insurance coverage and experience with W&I insurance.
Finally, Michael Kjær Lauritsen has experience with companies' commercial matters, especially in relation to start-ups.
Michael Kjær Lauritsen is also a trained arbitrator and has been appointed by the Danish Bar and Law Society as an examiner for the litigation test in connection with the lawyer training.
In 2019, Michael was part of Berlingske Business' Talent100 list.
Michael has been a member of the board of the Copenhagen Bar Association since 2017 and a member of the Danish Bar Council since 2021. He is currently chairman of the responsum committee, member of the rules and supervision committee, member of the compensation fund and member of the board of Birte Daells Fond.
In 2008, Michael Kjær Lauritsen spent a semester at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. In 2012, Michael Kjær Lauritsen studied Corporate Law and Corporate Governance at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Michael Kjær Lauritsen was born in 1984 and graduated in law from the University of Copenhagen in 2010.
In 2023, Michael Kjær Lauritsen has been named an honorary member of the Legal Discussion Club.
Bar admission and training
- 2020 - Appeared before the Supreme Court
- 2018 - Certified Arbitrator
- 2015 - Right to appear before the High Court
- 2013 - Lawyer
- 2022 - Teaching lawyers' responsibilities in various fora
- 2013 - 2015 - Teaching assistant in the subject Security and Creditors' Rights at the University of Copenhagen
- 2011 - 2014 - Teaching Assistant in the subject Legal System and Legal Methodology at the University of Copenhagen
Fiduciary and other activities
- 2021 - Member of the Board of Directors of Birthe Daells Fond
- 2021 - Member of the Bar Council
- 2021 - Member of the Compensation Fund
- 2017 - Member of the Board of the Copenhagen Bar Association
- The Danish Society for Construction Law
- Danish Arbitration Association
- Danish Association for Company Law
- Association for Compensation and Insurance Law (FEF)
- Young Arbitrators Copenhagen (YAC)
- 2023 - Appointed honorary member of the Legal Discussion Club (JD)