Michael S. Wiisbye has more than 20 years of experience in insurance and tort law. He provides advice to a number of Danish and foreign insurance companies.
In connection with this, Michael S. Wiisbye conducts a large number of court and arbitration cases, some of which have concerned fundamental insurance and tort law issues.
Michael S. Wiisbye also deals with these subjects in his capacity as editor-in-chief of Forsikrings- og Erstatningsretlig Domssamling and as co-author of Erstatningsansvarsloven med kommentarer. Among other main areas is construction law, where Michael S. Wiisbye conducts a significant number of court and arbitration cases for e.g. consultants.
Furthermore, Michael S. Wiisbye manages Dansk Jagtforsikring both in relation to reported claims and the company's operations.
Michael S. Wiisbye also acts as arbitrator.
Michael S. Wiisbye is also a frequently used lecturer in connection with seminars organized by, among others, the Danish Insurance Academy, the Danish Bar and Law Society and the Danish Society for Insurance Law (AIDA), and he is and has been a member of a number of councils and committees concerning administration of justice, compensation and insurance law.
Michael S. Wiisbye was born in 1961 and graduated in law from the University of Copenhagen in 1985.
Bar admission and training
- 2003 - Appeared before the Supreme Court
- 1998 - Right to appear before the High Court
- 1996 - Lawyer
- 2006 - Dansk Jagtforsikring A/S, Director
- 1994 - Lecturer for the Danish Bar Association, the Danish Society for Insurance Law (AIDA), the Danish Association of Lawyers and Economists, the National Organization of Real Estate Agents, the Danish Society for Construction Law, etc.
- 1986 - Co-organizer of various seminars for lawyers and others under the auspices of the Insurance Academy 1994
- 1986 - 1994 Lecturer at the Insurance Academy
- 1985 - 1994 Insurance Appeals Board, Head of Office
Fiduciary and other activities
- 2006 - Member of the Supreme Court Bar Association
- 2004 - 2005 Member of the Danish Bar Council's Insurance Committee
- 2002 - 2005 Member of the Bar Council's Legal Committee
- 2002 - Member of the Board of the Bar Council's Professional Group for Compensation and Insurance Law
- 2001 - Member of the Board of the Danish Society for Insurance Law (AIDA)
- 1999 - 2001 Member of the Bar Council's Administration of Justice Committee
- 1994 -Editor of the Insurance and Compensation Law Collection of Judgments
Commented Tort Liability Act, co-author 5th edition 1999, 6th edition 2002 and 7th edition 2020
International Personal Injury Compensation, co-author, 1996 Legal Aid Insurance, 1994
Insurance Complaints Tribunals in Europe, 1988
Author of a large number of articles on insurance law and tort law in Ugeskrift for Retsvæsen, Juristen, Advokaten, Nordisk Forsikringstidsskrift, Forsikring, etc.