Henrik Peytz heads Nielsen Nørager's EU, competition and public procurement law group together with Lotte Hummelshøj.
Henrik Peytz and the group advise both public authorities and Danish and foreign businesses in strategic competition law issues and in particular in competition, public procurement, state aid and other public regulation cases.
Henrik Peytz also assists companies in matters of strategy, transactions and collaborations and in dispute resolution.
Henrik Peytz has a special interest in EU tax cases and regularly conducts tax cases before the Danish tax authorities and courts and before the European Court of Justice.
Henrik Peytz is recognized as a Danish counsel in EU and competition law in Chambers Europe and a number of other publications and recognized as a "leading individual" in the same field in The Legal 500 and inducted into The Legal 500 Hall of Fame as a leading EU and competition lawyer for the past ten years.
Henrik Peytz was born in 1959 and graduated in law from the University of Copenhagen in 1983.
Bar admission and training
- 2007 - Appeared before the Supreme Court
- 1991 - Master of Business Administration (MBA with distinction), INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France
- 1987 - Right to appear before the High Court
- 1986 - Lawyer
- 2001 - 2010 - Lecturer in EU competition law at the University of Copenhagen
- 1984 - 1999 - Law firm Kromann & Münter (now Kromann Reumert)
- 1990 - Clifford Chance Law Firm (Brussels)
- 1983 - 1984 - Lecturer in administrative law at the University of Copenhagen
- 1983 - 1984 - Law Department of the Ministry of Justice
Fiduciary and other activities
- 2017 - Alternate member of the Bar Council
- 2016 - Chairman of the Tax Policy Committee of the Confederation of Danish Enterprise
- 2014 - Co-founder and member of the board of the Danish Association for State Aid Law
- 2013 - 2016 - Vice-Chairman of the Danish Business Tax Policy Committee
- 2004 - Examiner for the Bar Association in the field of EU and competition law
- 1993 - 2019 - Lecturer for the Danish Association of Lawyers and Economists (DJØF), the Danish Bar and Law Society, the Association of Danish Lawyers and the Danish School of Public Administration, etc. regarding public procurement law, EU law and tax law
- 1987 - 1990 - Chairman of the Bar Council's Information Committee on the EU Internal Market
- 1987 - 1990 - Member of the Information Committee of the Bar Council
- Ligningsloven med kommentarer, 3rd edition, volumes 1-3, DJØF Forlag, (2021)
- Selskabsskatteloven med kommentarer, 1st edition, volumes 1-2, DJØF Forlag, (2020)
- The Tax Assessment Act with comments, 2nd edition, volumes 1-3, DJØF Forlag, (2018)
- Co-author of EU-KARNOV (establishment and services etc.), Karnov, (1993, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021)
- The Capital Gains Tax Act with comments, DJØF Publishing, (2003, 2008 and 2015)
- Ejendomsavancebeskatningsloven med kommentarer, DJØF Forlag, (2006 and 2015)
- Co-author of The Capital Gains Act with comments, DJØF Publishing, (1998, 2004 and 2014)
- Co-author of Ligningsloven med kommentarer, 1st edition, DJØF Forlag (2000)